Comptroller's Vehicle Use Act

In accordance with state law (30 ILCS 617), the Comptroller, all other constitutional officers and state agencies are required to post their Vehicle Use Policies.

The Comptroller does not assign any vehicles to employees for take home use.

According to IOC Administrative Services, each employee who is authorized to drive a state vehicle must give a copy of his/her driver’s license and insurance information to the Vehicle Coordinator each year.  When employees use one of the state-owned vehicles, the employee must record the mileage when he or she begins and finishes the trip. Employees must use the state issued credit card when refueling the vehicle and give the receipt(s) to the Vehicle Coordinator upon returning to the office. The employee must report any issues that need to be resolved (oil changes, repairs, problems, damages, etc.)