- Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has offered her web site to animal shelters throughout the State of Illinois to assist in finding homes for abandoned pets.
- Participating Comptroller’s Critters shelters post photos and descriptions of pets waiting to be adopted on the Comptroller’s website, www.ioc.state.il.us, to provide maximum exposure for animal friends in need of homes.
- A brief description of participating organizations, along with their logos and contact information, is listed on the Comptroller’s website. By clicking on an organization, site visitors will find photos and descriptions of available animals.
- Each pet adopted is awarded a commemorative certificate signed by Comptroller Topinka to recognize and welcome the animal into the program alumni.
- When a pet is adopted, the shelter notifies the Office of the Comptroller and supplies photos and descriptions of more animals waiting to be united with a new loving family.
PLEASE NOTE: The Illinois Office of the Comptroller is not involved in the licensing of animal shelters. Partnerships have been made between the shelters and the office voluntarily.