Pets for Vets Adoption Day
Pets for Vets Adoption Day is an expression of gratitude to the men and women who served our Country to preserve the freedoms we all enjoy on a daily basis.
On Veterans Day 2017 (Saturday, November 11th), Illinois State Comptroller Susana A. Mendoza through her program Comptroller’s Critters, in collaboration with Fifth Third Bank and Bunker Labs, will host an all-day pet adoption at various shelters throughout the State of Illinois.
Any veteran that walks into one of our designated shelters and adopts a cat and/or dog, will have the adoption fee waived due to the generosity of our participating sponsors.
The following is a list of participating shelters:
- Animal Protective League
- Animal Welfare League
- CatNap from the Heart
- Chicago Animal Care and Control
- Humane Society of Central Illinois
- Metro East Humane Society
- Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary
- PAWS Chicago
- Peoria County Animal Protection Services
- Project Hope Humane Society
- Quad City Animal Welfare Center
- Quincy Humane Society
- South Suburban Humane Society
Pets for Vets is made possible by: